Is that bad to say? Is proud bad when you've got great kids? I don't think so. We are just happy they're all doing well at what they enjoy and that they're happy.
Ellie began Kindergarten without the advantage of preschool, so she had a bit of a slow start. But she has made huge improvements and just received the Master Reader award for her class. Way to go Ellie! We're so proud of your hard work in school and at home!
Claire and Coleman performed in their school talent show a few weeks ago. Everyone expects this of Claire, but Coleman made his stage debut with his performance of Weird Al's "Couch Potato" which is the parody of Emenem's "Lose Yourself." He has the whole song memorized--it's quite amazing. He was a bit nervous and practically wrung the life out of that poor microphone, but he did a great job. Awesome Coleman!
Claire did a great job, of course, singing "Maybe" from Annie. She's been working on this with her voice teacher and remembered all the things she'd been taught. She looked adorable as well.
Now for the really exciting news. Remember this costume? Well, last night was the District finals for the lip sync competition. Here's Claire backstage before her performance of "Sweet Dreams" by the Eurythmics.
And here she is showing off her 1st prize trophy! She won first for the solo competitors! She was very surprised because there were lots of very good acts. The boy with her is Nicolas who was first from their school and came in second in the district. She was one very excited girl last night! Great job Claire! We are so proud of you!
Sorry for the quality on all these indoor pictures. I can't seem to get the adjustments right. I am in desperate need of a Nikon class in Fresno--anyone, anyone?
Saturday, March 13, 2010
proud parents
Posted by amyburb at 11:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Amy...WHY didn't you invite me to come to that?!?! I would have LOVED to bring Kayla and Heidi! Great job Claire and Coleman!!! Next time you have a performance you remind your mom to let me know! We Gage's LOVE to cheer for loved ones! The B's are LOVED in my house for sure!!!
Awesome! It's so good for kids to have that experience, and even better that they did so well. Funny-I saw on FB that you posted new photos on your blog, so I typed in the address, and my web filter (K9) blocked your site because it was "Suspicious" hmmmm, wonder why?
Nice work Ellie and Cole-man and Claire! First place woohoo! I bet you all worked hard, and it paid off!
Rebecca
Post a Comment